September 30, 2018

Maryhurst Gets a Kentucky Historical Marker

On September 14, Maryhurst celebrated the dedication of a state historical marker at our original site

Maryhurst first opened our doors in 1843 at a site that has since been lost to urban renewal - formerly 8th St. and Madison in downtown Louisville.

This past month, Maryhurst celebrated the dedication of a historical marker at the closest existing cross-streets, 8th St. and Muhammad Ali Blvd. A clip from the dedication can be viewed below.

 

More News Stories

Believing in the affirming power of art, Maryhurst Academy has completed a portrait painting project with students that’s exhibiting this month at...

We thought you might like to hear about a Thanksgiving gratitude exercise that we recently led on campus. Hear about its creation from one of...

This fall, Maryhurst entered a partnership to bring the Boys and Girls Haven’s Equine Vocational Training Program to the youth participating in...

The Sisters of the Good Shepherd's Director of Mission Effectiveness -- who keeps an office on Maryhurst's campus -- is retiring this December....